Friday, January 3, 2014

Welcome to 2014!

 
2013 was a fruitful year.
 
I completed two production grade Chinese metaphysical apps, Si Hua Zi Wei and the standard 9 Palaces Qi Men Dun Jia.
 
With the momentum gained, I decided to write a Bazi app.  It is indeed an challenging system, more challenging to tell the computer how to determine the strength of a chart.
 
The last few days were spent tuning the chart strength engine to improve computer assisted chart strength determination.


Blood not shedded in vain, I gain experience when reviewing close to 100 charts in one full moon, that is about 3 per day after a hibernation for many years.
Hmmh, if each reading costs $100, I will have around $10,000.
 
Wow! 
 
However at the end of the day, all Bazi chart readers must understand the ethics involved in a life reading, the money is secondary to the aim of helping the day master understand his luck phases.
 
Ok, $10k is nothing compared to bugging I inflicted on my hapless noblemen who helped me verified the charts. 
 
Thank you to them.
 
There is certainly joy along the journey, including the bad hair days. 
 
In a bad day, I discarded one entire strength engine after 3 days of feverish work.   I decided there was no point in patching it, throwing good effort in bad design.
 
Interestingly a total rewrite improved the accuracy by 20% and the algorithm was 80% simpler and cleaner.  Well with age, experience do help meet the decreasing vigor (thanks to aging!?). 
 
Well I should have started writing all these apps earlier rather than pub hop.
 
I have spent more than 7 days on the strength engine by considering the arcane rules of combinations.
 
Why?
 
To meet and exceed existing specifications of the top bazi applications in the market.
 
Not the lifestyle magazine Bazi apps where you only have a nice colourful chart.
 
For the old bazi hands, they know which serious Bazi applications I am referring to.
 
To craft a app that Bazi fans and pros will like to use, a useful tool, provided they do not read the computer code and propose a course in software engineering 8) for the software's author.
 
Perhaps I will unite Bazi, Si Hua Zi Wei?
 

  
Why stop at Bazi and Zi Wei?  We have our good friend, Qi Men Dun Jia?!  Let him join the party too?
 

 
Not forgetting the one that started it all....
 


 

No comments: