Wednesday, December 4, 2013

Fivearts.net may be gone but the apps will push on

It is with a heavy heart that as a former forum member of Fivearts.net, I have to accept the inevitable closure after 8 years of happy memories and forum surfing.

Sadly forum members will realize the immense loss after the site is down.

Anyway, I will still press on the next generation bilingual Bazi app.  Perhaps fivearts.net will be resurrected in another form soon.

If you are reading this blog and have some questions regarding the 64 Hexagram Qi Men Dun Jia, please do not be shy, hesitate no more and contact me.  The write-ups on Qi Men Dun Jia and Xuan Kong Da Gua date selection is located in the earlier sections of this blog.

Bazi is indeed the Queen of Chinese Metaphysical Studies.  Its influence is felt in almost every branch....Qi Men, Xuan Kong, San He, Zi Wei etc.

After a few days of intense development, this is a screen capture of my app.



It has the ability to save user data.  The other ribbon buttons allow you to switch the language but in this example, I show the English and Mandarin text to highlight its multi-language nature.

Most Bazi apps took the short cut and remove the interactions, but I have painstakingly computed and plot out the interactions to make things easier for blokes with short memory span.  Of course, most Bazi apps on the market have limited calendaring capabilities as they usually hard code the 24 Jie Qi for the next 20-30 years, well their developers are indeed very hardworking to hardcode the dates rather than perform computations.

I would say the Bazi app is rather much more complex app compared to my earlier Zi Wei Si Hua, 64 Hexagrams /9 palaces Qi Men Dun Jia apps.   There are days where I spent hours on a particular function and realize the gaps 5 days later, certainly heartbreaking stuff.

Nevertheless the goal is to match or exceed any Bazi apps' specifications on the market.

TODO:
1. Interactions between stems - UI intensive
2. Chart strength determination - very tricky

5 comments:

Unknown said...

I miss it, too. Meek created a masterpiece. I wish him luck in his new pursuits as I do you.

FriendlyGhost

BK said...

I am thinking of kick starting the replacement board for fivearts.net but reaching out to the old members and moderators is rather difficult.

wonderful life said...

Dear BK, just use fiveartsV2.net domain and I believe given time, all google searches will come to the new domain. And someone who know Meek personally should advise him to wikify all existing information on fivearts.net

fivearts.net is not meek's personal assets as all members had taken numerous efforts to contribute especially those translating classic books on five arts.

And sadly all my precious bookmarks on fivearts had gone overnight !!! What a irresponsible meek, after all !!!

fivearts.info said...

Hi this is Sunny Wong. I have created a new site for 5arts enthusiasts.

As you are old timer at fivearts.net, your participation in the new site is very very valuable.

Let's rebuild a new home for 5arts!

See you at fivearts.info

Unknown said...

Fivearts.info down for weeks. Is admin giving up?